Alessandra La Mattina BAppSc, MDietPrac, Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)
- Accredited Practicing Dietitian recognised by Dietitians Australia.
- Gastrointestinal and digestive health, including food intolerances, IBS, IBD (Crohn’sdisease and Ulcerative Colitis), SIBO, fatty liver disease and diverticular disease
- Weight management
- Metabolic disease, including blood sugar, cholesterol and cardiovascular disease management
- Comprehensive dietary assessment to identify the root cause of the presenting conditions,understand the client's health goals, and address any barriers impeding the client's ability for positive change.
- Holistic treatment approach to address both the client's immediate concerns and provide the skills and knowledge essential for long-term health gains.
- Tailored dietary and nutrition intervention with the support of high-quality nutrient supplementation if necessary for enhanced health outcomes that can be seen within days to weeks.
Dealing with Weight gain and IBS?
Struggling to lose Menopausal weight?
Battling with Cravings?
- Appetite hormones make it difficult to lose weight and keep it off.
- The Key: Decrease Hunger Hormones and Increase Fullness Hormones
- It Can be done.
- There is Hope.
- It all starts with a Plan.
Our Subspecialist Dietitian using Up-to –Date Science can help you to successfully Lose Weight AND get your IBS under control.
Nutrition support in gastroenterology is focused on assisting patients optimise their intake by identifying any relevant food intolerances contributing to symptoms such as abdominal bloating, irregular bowel habits, constipation, diarrhea, pain, discomfort, flatulence, reflux and maintaining a healthy gastrointestinal environment to maximise absorption of nutrients and build a robust immune system.
My approach in establishing goals with patients includes taking into account individual food likes and dislikes, misinformation, unnecessary self-restriction of food groups, megadose micronutrient supplementation, and alternative/complimentary therapies. All these issues are considered and addressed within the patient's work and family setting for improved nutritional status and stabilisation of body weight.
Most Australian health funds have levels of cover that give a rebate for visits to a private practice for accredited practising dietitians.
Patients may also get a rebate through the Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) primary care items for a chronic health condition.
Please speak with your doctor or nurse for more details or enquire at the rooms for an appointment.
CROHNS DISEASE EXCLUSION DIET PROGRAM
What is Crohns disease?
Crohns Disease is most likely caused by a sequence of events, in which diet drives changes in the gut bacteria and intestinal lining that leads to a vicious cycle of inflammation. These modifying features can be targeted for prevention and treatment of the disease.
A diet can also be used to allow exclusion of harmful products that are responsible for the vicious cycle of inflammation and enable inclusion of products that alter the bacterial colonisation of the gut.
The Modulife Program
The Modulife Program is structured for inducing remission and has been proven to shift the dysbiosis in patients with Crohns disease towards a healthier composition of gut bacteria.
The Modulife Program is a 3 Phase Exclusion Diet and Nutritional Supplement Program.
Phase 1 is the strictest phase for inducing remission, phase 2 is a step-down phase where more food is included and Phase 3 maintenance phase. The first 2 phases are critical for success.
The aim of the first six weeks of this program is to induce remission therefore the dietary plan in the first phase is more stringent.
This is followed by the second phase which involves a step-down in the diet plan during the next six weeks.
There is no structured specific diet to follow after week 12.
Each phase has a list of mandatory, allowed and disallowed foods and products.
CDED is a standardised diet with phases that change every 6 weeks and become progressively easier in every successive phase.
We are now running the Modulife Program with our Certified Modulife Subspecialist Gastrointestinal Dietitian.
Please call our Specialist Consulting rooms to book your appointment.
- Gastroscopy, colonoscopy, capsule endoscopy
- Hydrogen and methane breath tests for food intolerances (lactose, fructose, sorbitol, glucose)
- Faecal calprotection (for inflammatory bowel disease)
- Faecal elastase (for fat malabsorption)
- Physiotherapy to assist with abdominal exercises for constipation and pelvic floor exercises for faecal incontinence
- Competitive consultation rates
- No gap endoscopy for private patients
- Special endoscopy rates for self-insured public patients
Amelia Chan is the director of Lymph and Floor Clinic (previously known as Parenthood Physio).
She is a qualified physiotherapist with a special interest in lymphoedema, bowel retraining and pelvic floor rehabilitation. She is a mother of 2 teenage girls.
She was working in the Continence Clinic in Caulfield Hospital for 5 years before solely consulting privately at her two clinics in Doncaster East and Bellfield. Her special interests are assisting her patients in rebuilding a good bowel routine after suffering long term constipation, retraining their correct defaecation technique and emphasizing on long term outcome.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy 2001 (Honours)- University of Melbourne
- Postgraduate Certificate in Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehab 2004
Ms Jasmeet Mangat
Jas is a physiotherapist with special interest in women's and pelvic floor health physiotherapy. She has undertaken post graduate training in managing incontinence, anorectal disorders, pelvic floor disorders, prolapse, exercise in pregnancy and other women's health conditions. Jas uses various techniques such as Rectal Balloon Therapy, Nerve Stimulation, Biofeedback amongst other modalities to help her patients.
Jas has experience working in both private practice and in a public setting and strives to give her patients the best care possible. She is empathetic and uses a biopsychosocial approach in treating her patients to ensure holistic care of her patients. Committed to education and ongoing learning, Jas is constantly engaging in professional development to enhance her knowledge and skills.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Graduate Diploma of Health Promotion (Deakin University)
- Master of Health and Human Services Management (Deakin University)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (Currently at University of Melbourne)
- Introductory Pelvic Health Foundations Course (WHTA)
- Advanced Pelvic Floor - Anorectal Dysfunction (WHTA)
- Advanced Pelvic Floor: Exercise, Sport and Musculoskeletal Dysfunction (WHTA)
- Pelvic Girdle Pain Course (Pelvic Health Melbourne)
- Fit Right Training Course (Fit Right)
- Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Women's Health Training Associates
- Continence Foundation of Australia
Normalising Bowel Habits and Defaecation Retraining
- Are you suffering from constipation for a long time?
- Are you always straining or feeling incomplete evacuation?
- Have you been always relying on laxatives to open your bowels?
- Are you worried to travel or leave the house because you may not be able to “hand on” when you have an urge?
- Do you feel bloated all the time?
- Do you always feel like you need to empty your bowels but nothing comes out?
- Do you need to wipe a lot when you finished?
- Do you sometimes leak accidentally when you pass wind?
If you experienced any of the above symptoms, you are not alone. Please contact us and we may be able to help you. Sometimes simple strategies and several sessions of therapy or advice may help you regain your bowel control.
Pelvic Floor Retraining
- Do you leak when you cough, sneeze, laugh, or exercise?
- Do you always need to rush to the bathroom?
- Do always need to know where the bathroom is when go out?
- Do you leak when you need rush to the bathroom?
- Do you feel heaviness in the pelvic area?
A pelvic floor assessment is beyond undergraduate qualification and requires women’s health physiotherapist with postgraduate qualification in continence and pelvic floor rehabilitation.
If you have any questions, please contact us and don’t let these symptoms ruin your quality of life.
Fatty Liver Disease
High Protein, High Energy Diet
Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Low FODMAP Diet
Dr Sina Malki Introduction Letter
Patient Admission Form
Body Composition Analysis
Are you finding it hard to lose weight ?
Has your weight increased gradually over time?
Are you experiencing IBS type symptoms?
These 15 minutes assessments give us insights into the reasons why you struggle to lose weight, how many kilojoules you require and how best to lose it.
Book your Body Composition Analysis to find out how your metabolism may be involved.
Our Dietitian will interpret your results and develop a diet plan to improve Gut problems and to achieve your Healthy Weight Range.
Body Composition Analysis tells you a lot more than just your weight.
- It provides Body fat %
- Visceral fat levels – the fat around your organs
- Muscle mass
- Total body water
- Nutritional evaluation
- Bone mineral content
- Basal Metabolic Rate
Scans are non invasive, require footwear only to be removed, immediate accurate results provided.